These delicious muffins are great for breakfast or a snack.
If you want them refined sugar free, simply don’t ice!
* 1 cup of gf self raising flour
* 1/2 buckwheat flour (self raising flour if not)
* 1 table spoon of flaxseeds
* 1 table spoon of gf bicarbonate soda
* 1 table spoon apple cider vinegar
* 3/4 cup of coconut sugar
* 1 cup of shredded carrot
* Handful of dates cut up into small pieces
* 3/4 cup df butter
* 1 table spoon of nutmeg
* 1 table spoon of cinnamon
* Pumpkin seeds to decorate
Cream Cheese Icing
* 2 table spoons Df cream cheese of choice
* 1/2 cup icing sugar (you may need to add more!)
* Slice of lemon
* Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
* In a bowl add flour, flaxseed, bicarbonate soda and apple cider vinegar and mix.
* mix in butter
* Add carrot, dates, cinnamon and nutmeg.
* Place in cupcake cases (or loaf tin)
* Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
* Wait to cool then ice
* Mix cheese, icing sugar and squeeze the lemon
* Place on the muffins and add seeds!